Who we are:
- Birdwood School is a Remedial Pre-Primary and Primary school in Sherwood for children with developmental delays and learning difficulties.
- We are part of the multidisciplinary assessment and therapy centre at the Sherwood Children’s Centre.
- We are registered as an Independent School with the Department of Education.
- Birdwood School has assisted children from the Durban area for more than 40 years, having started with the Sherwood Children’s Centre in 1973.
- We offer a rich school experience in a small class environment, with one class per grade.
What we offer:
- Small classes (maximum of 15 children in a class)
- Trained teachers and teacher assistants in each class
- We are CAPS compliant and follow a mainstream syllabus
- Speech and language therapy, Occupational therapy and Remedial teaching on site, during the school day
- Aftercare and extra mural activities
- FM Systems in the classrooms to enhance listening skills, concentration and learning potential.
- Computers, media and music as part of the curriculum
Contact our Therapeutic Head Justine Schapers on firstname.lastname@example.org regarding our admission procedure.
Applications for grade 4 and 5 for 2018 are now open.
(We will be offering placement for grade 6 in 2019 and grade 7 in 2020)